From dictionary to literature

Wed Apr 23 18:14:33 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
April 23, 2008

I know you cannot view the Video Instruction, Andre, but for those who
have normal sight, there is Video Instruction on the web that shows
how to use the Translate Feature in SignPuddle, to create SignWriting
Literature...

You can also avoid the Translate Feature, and start writing literature
from scratch, without ever translating from the dictionary...I prefer
that method myself...I like direct input...

Here are some of the videos to watch:

SignPuddle Video Instruction
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/help/

SignPuddle Video Instruction in French
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/help/SignPuddle15VideoCHfr/

Video 31 - HOW TO START A NEW DOCUMENT, v1
METHOD 1: In the ASL Literature puddle, click on the SignText icon.
Create the document from scratch.
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/help/SignPuddle15VideoUS/SignPuddle15_Video31.html

Video 32 - HOW TO START A NEW DOCUMENT, v2
METHOD 2: In the ASL Dictionary, click on Translate. Copy the
translation into the ASL Literature puddle.
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/help/SignPuddle15VideoUS/SignPuddle15_Video32.html