Facial Expressions - Linguistic aspect

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 1 12:29:08 UTC 2008

The video that I am transcribing is NOT in the Sign Puddle or Sign Literature yet.  There is no publication called "Living ASL".  I was using this is an example of a living language.  Valerie has not yet loaded Lucinda's videotape on L'Epee.

Signing Naturally covers expression and head nod markers in several chapters.  We spent at least three classes on those markers in my ASL III class.

Charles

MARIA AZZOPARDI <maria.azzopardi at um.edu.mt> wrote: So would the head up/down at the beginning and end of a fingerspelt word
also be considered a 'topical marker'?

Do you know of any recent literature about facial expressions, or even a
grammar book of ASL that would include facial expressions/head movements.

So is 'Living ASL' in the USA Puddle?

Many thanks once again
Maria