logo for SASL or International Sign language?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Aug 1 15:23:36 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
August 1st, 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 11:43 PM, Sebolelo Nhlapo wrote:
> Good Morning, Valerie.
> I mean logo for International Sign Language in SignWriting so that
> where can I find a logo.
> Thanks,
> Sebo

I just looked, and you are right, Sebo, that the flag-icon for
"International Sign Language" with the little globe is missing from
the group of flags on the SignPuddle directory page...I will put that
back today...Thank you for telling me...

Meanwhile, you can access the International Sign Language SignPuddle
right now...by going to this link:

International Sign Language Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=35

I will tell you when the logo is back on the directory page....

Here are the two international logos...the green flag represents
Signuno, which is like an Esperanto for signed languages...Signuno's
logo is in the SignPuddle directory right now. So you can access it if
you wish. It is a different language or different signing system than
the International Sign Language which is used in northern
Europe...none of the international signing systems are truly used in
every country...but one thing that has become international is the
signing of the names of countries...people use the sign for the
country that is used in that country...that has been a very positive
trend towards some international communication...