Group descriptions

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 21 09:50:02 UTC 2008

Such descriptions would be useful. Then may there be a option for us to translate the descriptions into other languages than English?  We of other countries would do his work, of course

Ingvild

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:13:39 +0200
From: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] Group descriptions

Hi Val,

    I was wondering if the descriptions for the groups in the ISWA-2008
are available anywhere on the website yet.  I have been looking for it
but only found

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/swis/data.php?subset=&bs_code=*
but it doesn't have the descriptions and
http://www.signwriting.org/video/lessons/iswa/group01/ but it isnĀ“t
complete for all of the groups in the ISWA just the first ones.

I am looking for something like

01-01-001-01
Index Tight Fist

01-01-002-01
Index Open Fist

01-01-003-01
Index Cup Base

But for all of the groups.

I understand that you are still putting the last touches to the ISWA
and want to let you know that I am very grateful for all the hard work
you and Steve have put into the symbols,  I was looking at them the
other day as I imported the ones that had come with the SWIS into my
program and I like them a lot better than the IMWA.  I'm that they will
contribute to easier reading.

If there is anything I can do to help with getting the group
descriptions together, let me know.

Jonathan