IMWA to ISWA conversion

Fri Aug 22 21:36:26 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
August 22, 2008

On Aug 22, 2008, at 6:18 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi Val,
> I was also wondering how the IMWA to ISWA conversion is coming
> along.  Would it be possible to get a list of the IMWA with the
> corresponding ISWA character code?
>  Jonathan

Hello Jonathan -

First, SWIS, SignWriting Image Server, that Steve developed, has an
automatic conversion from the IMWA to the ISWA, so when the time comes
that SignPuddle 2.0 is released, which will be using the SWIS, all the
documents and signs that are already written in SignPuddle 1.5, will
automatically convert to the ISWA symbols...and the conversion is
fantastic! We have checked it and it seems to be 100 per cent...

Second, in time I will complete the ISWA and then I will be writing
documents to document these issues...but since I am still adding to
the ISWA (I am still getting requests for more symbols), I am holding
off on doing this, until we really are done...

I am sorry we are not finished yet!

Hope you get this message -