SignPuddle account

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Aug 7 15:03:03 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
August 7, 2008

On Aug 7, 2008, at 1:42 AM, Honza wrote:
> is it possible to create user account in SingPuddle, for users? I
> like that users can edit and change only "their own" signs - signs
> that under this account have been created.
>  thanks
> Honza

Hello Honza!

Yes...that is true right now. Anyone can enter a dictionary in
SignPuddle and scroll down and Register. Once they have registered, it
is like establishing their own work area, inside the dictionary...they
need to login using their username and password, every time they enter
the dictionary to work.

When users are registered and login, they automatically can add their
own signs, and edit and change only the signs they have entered...

We can also provide "Editor" status upon request. Editors can change
and edit other people's writing too...But that is usually a small
number of people who are Editors for the entire dictionary.

So right now, a registered user can add and edit their own signs, just
as you mention above...in the public SignPuddles.

We also have private WebPuddles, for private group projects, that work
a little differently. Only private users can enter and use a private
WebPuddle...who can enter is determined by the leader of the group....

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help