how old children are using SignWriting?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Dec 1 20:51:36 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
December 1st, 2008

Hello Honza!
Yes...I am sure that Stefan Woehrmann at the Osnabruck School for the
Deaf in Germany can tell you that he has taught children of different
ages...what are the ages of your students, Stefan? I found this web
page:

http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/school/index_schule2.htm

What an attractive group of students you have!

More info here:

SignWriting in Germany
http://www.SignWriting.org/germany

Take a look at this web page...you can see children in New Mexico:
http://www.signwriting.org/usa/newmexico/albuquerque/albuqu.html

kids ages ranged from five years old to around 12 years old I believe...

but there is no age limit or issue...everyone can learn SignWriting
with the right materials, teachers and motivation...

Val ;-)