Appreciating the cochlear implant

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 6 20:31:31 UTC 2008

Well, I don't know how much help I can be with providing neutral,
factual information as I am biased being a Deaf person strongly
imbedded in the Deaf World and still very successful in the Hearing
World such that getting a cochlear would be unneeded. I can tell you
this much that I know that besides all of that, I am ill candidate for
a cochlear because my deafness is as a result of auditory nerves that
never developed correctly. I do have to agree that many people get
very passionate about this topic. Not really much can be done about it
and is expected when something seems to destroy a way of life. I know
that hearing aids were viewed with the same passion when they first
came out.

Adam