Wikipedia in American Sign Language gets "eligible status"...

Sat Dec 6 22:20:54 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
December 6, 2008

On Dec 6, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> So thank you all. I am priviledged by getting the response that I
> did. For your information, on November 29th the request for American
> Sign Language was given the staus of eligible... :)
> Thanks,
>        Gerard

Hello Gerard!
Many thanks for informing us that the Wikipedia in American Sign
Language has now received the "eligible status" by the Wikimedia
organization...Steve told me about this and I have been meaning to
mention it to you and to thank you for the role you are playing in
encouraging a Wikipedia in ASL to officially happen someday....

And many thanks to Steve for the SW MediaWiki Plugin, and to those who
wrote small entries into the MediaWiki in SignWriting:

SW MediaWiki Plugin
http://www.signpuddle.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help