Andres SW Handwriting Curriculum part 3

Sat Dec 13 19:21:55 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
December 13, 2008

Andre wrote:
> I tried to signwrite Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 which are not
> official. If anoyone disagrees with me,  I am very happy to
> eyelisten your comments. I can modify them and improve them.   Part
> 1, Part 2 and Part 3 will help teachers teach them Deaf children   I
> don't ask you to adopt this curriculum in the world.   I ask you to
> judge   different handwritten symbols.

Hello Andre and everyone -
I think it is great that you are attempting to design a
curriculum...that is something that schools and teachers really need.

Because I am not a teacher of children, I am not sure myself...I hope
teachers of children will give you the feedback you need...everyone's
feedback is welcome and needed...

 From what I can see in your ten documents, like this one page
attached...that you have designed the curriculum so that the first
three years in school...grades 1, 2 and 3, the children are
handprinting the SW symbols...like block letters...writing them as
close to the way the symbols look printed, as much as possible, and
then in later years, they start handwriting...this seems fine to me
since that is the way it was for me when I learned to write English
years ago in school...

...are you able to test it in your environment at the Deaf school,
Andre?