printed form and signwritten form

Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod acpg at VTXNET.CH
Sun Dec 14 20:22:46 UTC 2008

Dear Val

It might be interesting to have this document in french so that it's
one more doc teacher can use with the children....
I'll try to find a way to adapt it into french (need more material,
and docs for the teachers here!)

André
sorry for not answering your message about the words to be transleted
into french.... I'm not sure to understand what you mean by
HANDWRITING / HANDPRINTING and the examples I've seen don't really
help me to understand clearly what difference ther is between the 2

Val you're asking about the workshop in november.... actually, we
created a "signwriting association"... and are used to organising a
week-end in the mountains once a year in a small chalet.... there are
some picture of us all working on the sign notation... on: http://
www.signecriture.org/PACCOTS_2008.html

it's always nice to get together and practice. I did a short
presentation on the use of SignPuddle, and the participants tried to
practice, add new signs (on my private puddle because there are
absolutely no internet connexion in this small chalet...)

beside that, I've started working with a group that has the projet to
translate Bible into french sign language (it's a big project
including swiss, fench, belgian, and som french african
countries..... working together on this passage of Bible....
I presented SignWiriting, showed them what and how it can be
used..... SW might become part of their project.... time will tell!

another news... of of the participant in the SW workshop I taught in
october created a group "SignEcriture" on facebook.....
I just sent you an invitation....
lots of deaf people are on facebook here... and she thought it would
be a good way to inform them about SW....

no other big plans for now... still want to developp material,
games,  using SW....

I'll send you some examples when they are ready!

Have a nice Christmas everyone.....!

Anny
BON NOEL à TOUS !