{Spam} [sw-l] Re: Favicon for signwriting,org

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 20 12:59:31 UTC 2008

Hoi,
While the smiling face is clearly as SignWriting has it, it is also quite
like the smiley, this is its obvious charm.The draw back is that most
speaking people associate signing with the hands and not the face.

 What I am looking for is a sign that is widely understood, positive and
clearly different graphically from what is used in the "speaking" world. The
"thumbs up" would have been my favourite but it has a quite distinct
negative meaning in some cultures. This is why I favour the "victory"
sign...
Thanks,
     Gerard