I need some help, please.

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 9 18:04:25 UTC 2008

Deaf teacher Ingrid ... at Fulton School for the Deaf outside Durban has been using SignWriting

Ingvild

From: signwriting at mac.com
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] I need some help, please.
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:56:53 -0800

SignWriting ListFebruary 7, 2008
Ida Frank wrote:I am looking into going to Johannesburg late November early December, Does anyone know anyone using sign-writing in that area that I can visit?   Ida
Hello Ida!Nice to hear from you -I know of three groups that have used some SignWriting (a little) in South Africa over a period of years. I am not sure how those projects are going now...but I will be happy to write to them for you.
1. Durban, Fulton School for the Deaf:SignWriting in South Africahttp://www.signwriting.org/africa/africa.htmlsee photos above....the Deaf children are greatand the teacher is now the principal of the school I believeor at least she was2. University of the Witwatersrandin Wits and in Johannesburgtwo friends there3. Meraka Institute,CSIRBrummeria, Pretoriateam of teachers and researchersSo I will write to them and get back to you privately...It may take some time though...Are you using SignWriting, Ida?Val ;-)