Music, Karaoke, SignWriting, ASL Captions

Wed Feb 20 17:51:07 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
February 20, 2008

THANK YOU, Ron and fellow co-workers, for creating two videos with ASL
SignWriting captions, that are really popular with your Deaf
congregation!

Yesterday Ron telephoned me and introduced me to his Deaf caption
writer. They had something pretty "cool" to show me...

Over the phone, they showed me two wonderful videos they made for
their church group, and both have English and SignWriting ASL
captions...and what is so interesting is where they placed these
captions...not underneath or to the side of the video, but instead
directly on top of the video picture...This makes sense because then
Deaf readers can view the pictures simultaneously while reading the
text, rather than having to look down to read, which then makes it
hard to see both the pictures and the writing at the same time...So I
really learned something from this..that writing SignWriting script in
the center of moving video, might actually be popular and useful for
viewers...

So thanks for sharing these videos with our SignWriting List!

Now...I have a question...I am new to YouTube, so I went to:

http://www.youtube.com/signpreach

and I found one of the videos, named Valerie (thank you for the name ;-)

Video with SignWriting and English Captions
Valerie Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV6Gd9b7B5A

It is a very nice video!

But what is the name of the other video? I found others without any
SignWriting captions, but I couldn't find the second one with
SignWriting captions...and how do I download the entire video onto my
computer desktop?

Val ;-)