Seeking Colombian Sign Language Interpreter

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Thu Feb 21 16:48:48 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
February 21, 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 5:26 AM, Kerry Thompson wrote:
> I'm trying to track down someone who knows English and Colombian
> Sign Language.  There will be a conference in Boston in which we
> seek to find someone who knows Col. Sign Language.  Please let me
> know if you have any ideas where I might be able to find one.
> Cheers,
> Kerry

----------

Hello Kerry!
That is an unusual request...I do not know how to find a Colombian
Sign Language interpreter in the United States...

But perhaps an International Sign Language Interpreter might be an
answer?

In Europe, there are "International Interpreters" who have the rare
skill of being able to sign with signs that stem from a series of
western signed languages, and for some Deaf people, international
interpreters are very helpful...

Other Deaf people, from countries that are not in the west, tell me
they do not understand international interpreting...so it depends on
the Deaf people you are servicing...

I can put you in touch with two International Interpreters our
organization hired once, for the 2005 SignWriting Symposium in
Brussels. One of those interpreters is an American, so perhaps she
could be hired to go to Boston, if you have the funds...

Write to me privately if you would like that contact...

And meanwhile, is there anyone on the SignWriting List who knows a
Colombian Sign Language interpreter?

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

3. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting