transcription help

Sat Feb 23 19:23:06 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
February 23, 2008

Hi Stefan and Peter and Tim!

Thanks for this message, Stefan...

You are certainly just as skilled at transcribing videos in
SignWriting as I am, so I am sure your support and help will be very
welcome...

That is an excellent way to start...to write sign by sign as you say
in SignWriting, and now we are writing those signs in SignText and
posting them in the Literature Puddle online...

And those AVATAR videos in Tim's project are amazing, aren't they?...

There are actually two projects...Tim's AVATAR videos, and Peter has
another set of ASL videos to transcribe that we have not seen...

Anyway...I will put my new transcription lessons in a PDF file and
post it to the List...it might be better than so many email messages!

So I will post that later today, and meanwhile, Peter and Tim, I hope
you can start your first document, by clicking on the SignText icon
inside the Literature Puddle and try to create your first sign and
save it as a document...

And feel free to ask questions...

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Val ;-)

-------------

On Feb 23, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:

> Hi Peter ,
>
> another way to become an expert in SW is to look carefully at the
> signs that
> are already written by such an expert as Valerie Sutton herself. -
> smile -
>
> I had a look at the AVATAR videos. Quite impressive - can you write
> the
> sequence as a gloss-sentence   like: me -work -(.i cannot identify
> this next
> sign..) high buildig to the left -  high buildig to the right  (...) -
> window - all the way up to the left -  and so forth...
> Afterwards you can try to look up some of these terms in the US
> Signpuddle
> (found excellent spellings like: me, work, window ...
>
> What do you think?
>
> Stefan ;-)

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting