WoSP Project - Transcribing from an Animation

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Feb 20 23:39:36 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
February 20, 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 3:25 PM, Tim Grove wrote:
> I'm part of a software development team writing software for use
> with signed languages. My colleagues have recently completed an
> animation demo which you can view at http://wospdev.blogspot.com/.
> If you visit the site, please feel free to leave any comments about
> the demo; it would really help and encourage our animator. I also
> want to get this demo transcribed into SignWriting, so I emailed
> Valerie about the SignWriting organization's transcription services.
> Amongst her replies was the suggestion, "Why not learn how to do it
> yourself?" So, here I am, looking for your help with this! I'll soon
> be attempting my first SignPuddle, and sending loads of emails to
> this list for suggestions! A couple of animations are available at http://wospdev.blogspot.com/
> . The one that I'm interested in transcribing is called "ASL Story
> demo", available in three different file sizes, and is also the
> animation displayed at the bottom of the webpage.
> Thanks for your help, and please be gentle with me!!!
> Best regards,
> Tim Grove

---------

Hello Tim!
Thanks for posting this message and re-introducing yourself. Welcome
back to the SignWriting List.

And I am glad you are going to start writing yourself.

First, since your SignWriting transcription will be in American Sign
Language, it should be written in the  ASL Literature Puddle.

1. Go to SignPuddle:

SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/

2. Click on the American flag. That will take you to the ASL area.
Then click on the Literature icon....See next message for continued
instructions...Val ;-)