Happy birthday Valerie

Chris Cox chris.cox at GEOLANG.COM
Fri Feb 22 19:07:35 UTC 2008

Hi Val

To wish you a belated Happy birthday

And Hi Stefan – can you please once again give me the exact English
translation of your signs on that great card for Val please and also, which
Sign Language are you using there please – it was my son’s birthday on 20th
and I would like to send him this card a little belated but I think the
presence of the SW message will be really interesting, not only for him but
also his carers.

All the best

Chris

  _____

From: Stefan Wöhrmann [mailto:stefanwoehrmann at googlemail.com]
Sent: 22 February 2008 18:14
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] Happy birthday Valerie

Dear Valerie and sw-list members,

let us meet in cyberspace to hand out a paper  showing the SignWriting
transcription of some popular birthday songs –  must be a wonderful chorus
with all the people of different age, culture, background –This is what
Valerie had  in mind when she started to invent a movement – writing system
...not tied to any one culture or any one language...
...recording hundreds of languages, bringing cultures together...

Would be an interesting project to write a little booklet with signed
birthday songs in all the different Sign Languages that are already in touch
with your wonderful invention

Hi Valerie time for you to have a break and to accept hundreds of birthday
wishes...

At least I would like to express my respect and gratefulness for your never
ending patience with newcomers and interested “want – to – become
–SignWriting –scribes!”

In the past I learned so much from you that allowed me to achieve a higher
level in teaching deaf children. My students develop excellent SW reading
skills. This is a wonderful support to develop a higher level in reading and
writing spoken language.

Happy birthday to you! Have a super day. Keep strong and take care

Stefan ;-)