Vector Graphics in SignWriting

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 28 15:02:31 UTC 2008

Hello Adam,

Am I late in the game here?

Wait, are you telling me that vector-based programs will not run on a PC and you are writing all of your programs presuming that the entire world is MAC based.  I hope not.  I thought that the purpose of open-sourcing was just that, a program that CAN be run on any program with a reasonable memory, not tied to one platform or another.

Charles Butler

Adam Frost <frost at signwriting.org> wrote: Yes, Inkscape on Mac requires the use of the X11 program to run. I know you have it, but I bet you have to update it just like I did when I put it on my Mac. If you go to the Inkscape website, they will link you to the X11 website so that you can download the latest version. Or you can just go to this link to download the latest. http://xquartz.macosforge.org/

Then after you do that, opening Inkscape should be no problem. You may have to leave it open for awhile when opening it for the first time while it seems to be doing nothing because it is communicating with X11. After that it will open just fine (with X11 opening in the background).

Let me know if you have any problems.

Adam