Vector Graphics in SignWriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Jul 28 15:13:42 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
July 28, 2008

Good Morning everyone!
Adam simply helped me with writing exactly one sign for me in a
program called Inkscape. Gerard requested that we create a vector
image for one sign for some artwork he needed, so I asked Adam to help
me...

Inkscape is not our program...It is developed by other people. It is
used to create vector images using SVG...Anyone can download the
Inkscape software and use it. I do not know what versions they have,
but I believe it is on many platforms, including Windows, Macintosh,
Linux...I couldn't figure out how to open it, when I downloaded it, so
Adam was trying to teach me below...I do not use Inkscape personally.

So no worries. Of course we all know that people need Windows, Mac and
Linux to survive in this world!

We are not developing our own SVG yet, but when the time comes, it
will be usable for all people who have computers ...no matter what the
kind!

Thanks for your question, Charles...

Val ;-)