SignPuddle and SignWriting presented at VAIL Conference

Wed Jul 23 15:54:47 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
July 23, 2008

Hello SW List members!

For the past two days, Adam Frost and I attended a unique conference
here in San Diego, California:

Visual & Iconic Language Conference (VAIL)
http://www.visualanguage.org

We presented SignWriting and SignPuddle on both days of the
conference...

The first day, Monday, Adam discussed writing the grammar of American
Sign Language through a video, plus a PowerPoint Slide Presentation,
and then I discussed the new software that Steve Slevinski is
developing...SignPuddle 2.0, the SignWriting Image Server (SWIS) and
the SignWriting MediaWiki Plugin, plus I discussed briefly how we
create literature online, and showed some of the wonderful documents
already online, such as Cat in the Hat, Sleeping Beauty, the Gospel
According to John and so forth.

1. You can view our Slide Show on this web page:

SignWriting Slide Presentation
http://www.signwriting.org/video/about/SignWriting2008/slides

2. You can download our written paper that will be published in the
conference proceedings:

Go to:

SignWriting 2008
http://www.signwriting.org/video/about/SignWriting2008/

and click on number 4 on that web page...

I will write again to tell you more soon ....It all went very well...

Thank you, Steve, for the outstanding software. I was proud to tell
people about it.

The second day of the conference, yesterday, had other exciting
developments, which I will tell you about next message...