Vector Graphics in SignWriting

Thu Jul 24 23:40:32 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
July 24, 2008

Thank you, Adam, for posting the SVG version of the sign for WORLD in
ASL...I love the good looking symbols - you did a really good job ;-))

And you are right, that as soon as we have the SVG version of the ISWA
it will be just terrific... It may actually take some time before that
happens, but sooner or later it will happen....;-)

Meanwhile...a funny story...I downloaded the program Inkscape to open
your svg file, but oddly enough it refuses to open on my Mac, and it
said it was a Mac version, so I must have done something wrong...and I
was surprised that Photoshop doesn't open the file...it says it is a
format it doesn't understand...so is it only Illustrator and html that
opens SVG? The Adobe SVG reader is being phased out I understand from
their web site...so it seems frustrating when you can't open an SVG
file except in a web browser...how can I open it to manipulate symbol
size etc?

You can see I have much to learn about SVG!