AW: [sw-l] new handshape added to the ISWA

Tue Jun 3 22:51:16 UTC 2008

Hi Val,

people say that DGS includes almost 30 handshapes  but several of the other
handshapes we use to write in SW are not to be found among this set either.
So – hm – no it is not an officially handshape nevertheless we use it for
special reasons ... smile

Stefan ;-)

  _____

Von: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Montag, 2. Juni 2008 23:20
An: SignWriting List
Betreff: [sw-l] new handshape added to the ISWA

SignWriting List

June 2, 2008

What sign language is this handshape from, Stefan? German Sign Language
(DGS)? Val ;-)

On Jun 2, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:

 Valerie wrote: ... so this week is our last chance for you to tell me if
you need more handshapes...

Wow congratulations, this looks great.

I am not sure - but just in case you are interested I would like to present
this pretty tricky handshape .. .

It took me quiet a time to master it fluently in storytelling style ... Well
this sign with performed with both hands seems to be a challenge for many SL
beginners --

It is used in the context of : deep, deep confidence that everything will
lead to a good outcome.

 I am not sure if this sign can be found elsewhere in the world?

All the best

Stefan ;-)

L.I.F.E