TUNISIA Questions About Handshapes

Sun Jun 8 18:07:22 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
June 8, 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 6:06 AM, Dali balti wrote:
> I have a message but I prefered to send it attached in a folder
> since I have attached some handshapes which seemed strange for me,
> as I do not found some signs.

Hello Dali and Stefan!
For those on the SignWriting List who did not open the attached file
that Dali sent us, or could not read Stefan's excellent answer in
German, here are the questions that Dali asked us:

My answer comes next message ;-))

Val ;-)

---------

Hello!

I have been trying to make in several pages all the different shapes
of the hands, so that my deaf friends would find it easier and more
practical when reading or writing signs. But I came to one shape of
the hand which which was written and drawn on the free Spanish-English
textbook on the net. The shape on the book was right and was the one I
was intending to type from the free software I downloaded from the
website (our website Signwriting.org) but nowhere did I find such a
shape although it is written on the textbook.

I tried to use some other shapes but it was useless, because they were
logically and graphically incorrect. What can I do?

Here is the shape of the hand with the correct hand orientations. But
the second shape in black and white was not available on the free
software.

I found this one below but it cannot be…………..

I also do not understand the difference between some shapes. As the
ones below…..

  There are two other shapes which seemed the same for me, but I do
not understand how they are placed.

Please help me, I am LOST (in translation) !

I also do have some difficulties with the shape below, the shapes in
the software do not match with this one I learnt in the Spanish
textbook.

  is this shape the same as the second one above????? Or this
one ????????

I find a lot of difficulty in imagining the configurations of this
shape!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same problem with these two configurations, they have one
shape on the textbook and another different one on the software

I also did not find these shapes:

But I did find other shapes alike but different as below

  Shall I use this one for the hand shape above?

I also find two other signs quasi similar, so what is the difference
between them?

Of Although I can find some reason for that, example when numbering
things, so the first one must be used instead of the second..

In the free software although I found this hand shape , but I do not
find the one which is not cut, I mean the one up and facing the face
( all white and not cut)

In the free software, I do not find this shape either

What about these signs? I find them no where, I think the problem is
with the thumb

How shall I write these ones

     and   ?????? They are different than those in the software. What
can I do please?

How can I write the three kinds below;

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help