Creating SignWriting Documents for Printing

Sat Jun 7 14:40:21 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
June 7, 2008

On Jun 6, 2008, at 4:54 PM, MARIA AZZOPARDI wrote:
> Also I've just finished 6 verses of Luke 1, ie. from verse 39-45. I
> know
> it's very short, but it's the complete story of the 'Visitation' and
> it
> will give us an idea on how to approach the rest. I've managed to
> save all
> the work as PDF files. However how to you collate them together?
> Valerie,
> I know you've already told me that you use ColumnMaker and
> DocumentMaker
> to make the layout of the ASL Gospel Book. However my question is
> rather
> how to collate different parts of the same verse. When it's long it is
> saved in parts. Maybe I need some basic skills in working with PDF
> files,
> and then I shouldn't be asking this question here. If so, just let
> me know
> :)

Hello Maria and Everyone!

First, congratulations on your excellent documents. Because your
private WebPuddle is private, the List Members cannot view your
documents, but you are writing very well...I am really happy to see it!

There are three ways to create documents that are one large document
that can print out...

1. Use ColumnMaker combined with DocumentMaker.

2. Use ColumnMaker combined with other software, like Microsoft Word,
Adobe InDesign, Quark Express etc...

3. Use SignPuddle's PDF feature (thank you Steve!!)...

Using the PDF feature in SignPuddle at this time, with the current
version of SignPuddle 1.5, will require that you put the PDF documents
together, after they are made, using OTHER software that makes it
possible to combine PDFs...such as Acrobat Professional and other free
downloaded software that helps people combine PDFs...

So although I can easily put PDFs together into one PDF because I own
Acrobat Professional, I personally prefer using ColumnMaker combined
with other software, because in ColumnMaker you can drag and drop, or
copy and paste, or export to your desktop, all the columns in your
entire document, placing all the columns one by one, into one
DocumentMaker or Microsoft Word document...then once the entire
document becomes one file in those programs, you can then create your
PDF from Microsoft Word or DocumentMaker and you will have one PDF
that way...

So those are your options. If you would like to learn step by step how
to put a document together in DocumentMaker or Microsoft Word, I will
be happy to help you...So start asking questions...;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help