Learning SignPuddle

DAC SignWriting dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sun Mar 30 16:29:42 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
March 30, 2008

On Mar 30, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Carl Jones wrote:
> 'm still not 100% used to sign puddle.  I get lost looking for signs.
> Is there something I can download to use it on Windows?

Hi Carl!
No problem...I will teach you how to use SignPuddle, right here on the
SW List. Then we all learn together ;-)

It is best that you learn with me now, how to use SignPuddle Online,
on the web...Because then I can see what you write, and help you learn
to write more...

There is no software to download onto your computer. We all write
directly online on the web, and that is best for you right now...

Later, when you become skilled, you could purchase a PocketPuddle if
you want, which is a way to use SignPuddle without an internet
connection...

Information about
SignPuddle Software Online and Offline
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/help/index.html#Information

But right now, let's work together in SignPuddle Online...Working
online is free! ;-)

If you want to learn lots about SignPuddle, watch these Instruction
Videos...they are different than the Lessons in SignWriting videos,
because they teach how to use the software...it might help to watch
them, and then start trying to write a vertical sentence, and I will
help you step by step...

SignPuddle Software Video Instruction
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/help/SignPuddle15VideoUS/

Video 31 and later, are the videos that teach you how to start a new
document to write in vertical columns...Use the Translate Feature to
start your first sentence

Do not feel overwhelmed...just take one step at a time...

Or...

Actually, it probably is best to just try to write one sign right now,
in the ASL Dictionary...

Go to the ASL dictionary and register your email address, and then
login with your password...

Click on SignMaker to learn how to create your first sign...

Write again with questions...