Two Deaf Church videos captioned in SignWriting

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 3 02:47:47 UTC 2008

I agree with Cherie on this one, I like the one without the English words.  I actually watched it on mute so I couldn't hear the music and could just focus on the words/signs (I know the song anyway so it was in my head), but I felt that the English words cluttered the picture too much.  Some of the signs did go by a little too fast to read . . . especially the one for the word "will" in the line "ready to do Your will".  I never did figure out what that one would look like.
KJ

From: sutton at signwriting.org
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu; signpreach at sbcglobal.net
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:11:35 -0700
CC: romero at signwriting.org
Subject: [sw-l] Two Deaf Church videos captioned in SignWriting

SignWriting ListApril 30, 2008
Hello SignWriting List, Ron, and everyone at the Deaf Church in Michigan!
Congratulations on these two versions of the same song, with ASL captions (or subtitles)....
Pastor Ron asked me which version I prefer? One has the English as well as the ASL on the screen at the same time, and one is just the ASL on the screen, while the English song is playing in the background...
I like both versions of course, because they provide different experiences...
I think the one without the English captions gives the SignWriting real focus...very nicely done! Congratulations on these videos...
What do you all think?
Version 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2PMj-oNlw
Version 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h-uTvmAxkU

Enter today for your chance to win $1000 a day—today until May 12th. Learn more at SignInAndWIN.ca
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/215