Question on symbol numbering

thiessenstuart at AOL.COM thiessenstuart at AOL.COM
Fri May 16 17:09:02 UTC 2008

That's the problem. There isn't a visual symbol for it. That is the number that is recorded for that sign in the sbml. I will have to dig through the sbml to find the description. I wrote a program to do some of my research for me and it complained about that number since it could not find a symbol to use to show it.

Yes, I downloaded the SWIS file. I will look at that so that my program can adapt either way.

Thanks,

Stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org>
To: SignWriting List <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Sent: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:52 am
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Question on symbol numbering

Hello Stuart -
I don't know myself, but if you can create a screen capture of the symbol, and show it to me visually, then I can tell you...It is not in the IMWA, you are right, so that is some kind of a glitch...

So please show me the visual picture of the symbol...

04-02-001 in general, in the IMWA, was Head Location...different viewpoints on the location on the head...but it only goes to 08 at the end, and does not have a 10...so that is weird...

Val ;-)

PS. Soon we will be using the ISWA 2008, and that is much cleaner and the numbers are different. Steve has created an excellent conversion program, so all documents and dictionaries will automatically convert over to the new numbers...