SignPuddle 2.0 requests and ideas

Fri May 23 03:14:15 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
May 22, 2008

Hello Steve!
This is an exciting message ;-)

Congratulations on all you are accomplishing and thank you for giving
us such amazing software directly on the web...

I know you already have a very long To-Do List.

And I hate to add to your long list...;-)

But it is sooo tempting!

Here are two ideas based on recent tech support questions I received
from users...

1. An easy way to someday print to PDF that would make it possible to
put several documents together into one PDF...

2. A way to copy or translate ONE sign from a dictionary, and insert
that one sign into the middle of a SignText document that was already
saved before...

smile...

Many thanks for asking us for new features...

Val ;-)

------------

On May 22, 2008, at 6:13 PM, Steve Slevinski wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Tomorrow I'm going to start updating SignPuddle to use the
> SignWriting Image Server.
>
> The data conversion from the IMWA  to the ISWA should be nearly
> flawless for all of the existing SignPuddle dictionaries.  I'll be
> releasing a GPL project that handles the conversion.
>
> After the SWIS integration I'm going to be making some improvements
> to SignPuddle.  I was wondering if anyone had any requests or ideas.
> Here's a partial list of areas I'm going to be looking into:
> - Import and export
> - Paging for long SignText documents
> - Symbol subsets for SignMaker and SignText
> - Custom settings for size, color, and background
>
> Regards,
> -Steve

> Change Email Settings

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting