Flemish Sign Language dictionary on DVD

Wed May 28 15:59:06 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
May 28, 2008

Dear SW List:
Yesterday on the Sign Language Linguists List (SLLING), an
announcement from Belgium informed List members of an improved Flemish
Sign Language Dictionary, plus new DVDs, and SignWriting is used in
the Flemish dictionary...So I am posting this information now to the
SignWriting List, to inform you too...

THANK YOU to the team who worked on the Flemish Sign Language
Dictionary...And congratulations to you all!

I look forward to purchasing some DVDs when they are ready...Val ;-)

See SLLING announcement below:

---------

From: "Katrien Van Mulders" <katrien.vanmulders at ugent.be>
Date: May 27, 2008 6:56:05 AM PDT
To: slling-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [SLLING-L] Flemish Sign Language dictionary on DVD

Dear colleagues,

In May 2004 we launched the first Flemish Sign Language dictionary, an
online basic dictionary which contains over 7500 signs from Flemish
Sign Language (VGT) (including regional variants). This dictionary is
now available on DVD. On both the website and the DVD the signs can be
read through SignWriting and can be seen as video-files. You can
search the dictionary in two directions; from the Dutch written word
or from the Flemish Sign Language sign.

The link is http://gebaren.ugent.be/information.php.

and...

http://gebaren.ugent.be