Fwd: NetSignNews - ALL New and Improved!!

Fri May 9 19:15:21 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
May 9, 2008

Dear SW Listers -
A little off the topic of SignWriting, but I thought this announcement
about ASL news on the web is really wonderful...on my computer the
video quality is amazing...like watching the nightly news on TV,
except in ASL...directly only web...Hope you enjoy it too -  Val ;-)

-----------

Begin forwarded message:

> From: NetSignNews <webmaster at netsignnews.com>
> Date: May 9, 2008 6:19:54 AM PDT
> To: sutton at signwriting.org
> Subject: NetSignNews - ALL New and Improved!!
>
> If you can not see the following email properly - Go to http://www.netsignnews.com/newsletter/april-2008
>
> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>
> May 9, 2008
>
> CONTACT:
> Patrick Corson
> CEO
> Deaf Broadcast Network, LLC
> Telephone 520-887-2895
> Patrick at NetSignNews.com
> www.NetSignNews.com
>
> Tucson, Arizona, USA - Deaf Broadcast Network, LLC (DBN) has
> developed and launched a new version of www.NetSignNews.com, a TV
> formatted video news web site for the Deaf in American Sign Language
> (ASL). The free website offers new programming, features, and
> interactive forums for registered users. Programming features
> include the deaf news issues talk show, “Talk About It”, aired on
> weekends with viewer feedback online. Enhanced programming includes
> international and national news, deaf community news, weather, and
> sports from The Associated Press, AccuWeather, and the NetSignNews
> team, with voice/over narration for hearing family and friends.
>
> DBN believes that all people have the right to access the news in
> their own language. ASL is a visual language completely different
> from any spoken language with a grammar and syntax that is uniquely
> its own. Sign Language is the essence of Deaf culture and is one of
> the most commonly used languages in the United States.
>
> Deaf Broadcast Network, LLC, through www.NetSignNews.com develops
> daily news and feature programs in ASL for the millions of Deaf and
> Hard of Hearing people in North America and for millions of Deaf
> world wide.
>
> To view the news, go to www.NetSignNews.com. To participate in the
> forums and other interactive features, complete the simple FREE
> registration process and join in the discussion.
>
> For sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact marketing at NetSignNews.com
> .

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting