SignPuddle questions

Tue May 13 22:48:48 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
May 12, 2008

MARIA AZZOPARDI from Malta wrote:
> 6. I've managed to send a text email, however I haven't been
> successful
> saving the work as SWML. The page opens SWML/S 1.1, then I'm stuck.
> What
> should I do next? I take it that from here we could automatically save
> signs into Signbank?

Hello Maria!
When you say a "text email" I assume you mean that you were able to
send a SignMail...an email in SignWriting symbols that you wrote it
SignText and then sent...

I am glad! It is fun to do. Want to send an email in Maltese Sign
Language to our SignWriting List? I would love to see it...;-)

Regarding SignBank...have you downloaded SignBank software? As you
know, SignBank is a different program than SignPuddle...

SignPuddle Software
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

and

SignBank Software
http://www.SignBank.org/signbank.html

The way to export signs from SignPuddle and then import them into
SignBank is a very specific instruction...The instructions are in the
SignPuddle Manual. Go to Section 60...the last chapter in the
Manual....it is on page 85 to 86. That will teach you how to Export
the signs...then you will need to open SignBank, and then open the
SignBank Editor and import the signs into SignBank...there are
instructions in the SignBank manual as well...

You are always welcome to telephone me at US 858-456-0098, or we can
even Skype together, and I can teach you how to do this in person if
that will help...my Skype name is valeriesutton

You do not need to work with SWML to export signs to SignBank...I have
no clue how to use SWML and I export to SignBank all the time!

Ask more questions -