Finger touch

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 30 21:07:10 UTC 2008

Oooh, I like the second one . . . I think I'll use that one!  Of course, I need the symbol completely filled in for looking at the back of the hand, but that's easy enough to do.  Anyway, I think it's the clearest for what I'm trying to write.
Thank you very much, Val!
KJ

From: sutton at signwriting.orgTo: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.eduSubject: Re: [sw-l] Finger touchDate: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:52:58 -0700SignWriting List
May 30, 2008

Hello Kelly Jo!

Thanks for this question, and you are right that is an unusual situation.

Here is a screen capture of two of my attempts...One places the Touch and Hinge Movement under the Circle base for the handshape, which I would hope shows that the fingers that are creating the Circle base, namely the Ring and Thumb, are the ones doing the movement...I don't think that looks like touching the chest...but if you are worried about that, you could write just the Hinge Movement under the 7-Hand and take away the contact completely...

The second one uses another version of the 7 Handshape...one with stretched fingers, which then gives you the space to put in the Hinge Movement...in that one, the Touch contact is not necessary...because the Hinge movement is supposed to be on the end position of the sign, or the "position of contact" which it is...