how to write big waves

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Nov 9 20:01:46 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
November 9, 2008

Honza wrote:
> is there any difference between this arrows (see attachment)
> If I understand it correct, it shows movement forward and down then.
> Is there any arrow showing movement forward and then up?

The curves forward and back, are parallel to the Floor, so they have a  
single stem. They mean "forward-up-over" curve and "forward-down- 
under" curve...they are equivalent to a double stemmed curve that is  
parallel to the Front Wall, when it curves "side-up-over" or "side- 
down-under"... Here is a diagram...

So yes...we do have a movement "forward-up-over"...they are to the  
right in this know they are forward arrows because they  
have a single-stem, and the hump shows there is a curve going forward...

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Curves.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 12741 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>
-------------- next part --------------

-------------- next part --------------


SW-L SignWriting List

Post Message
SW-L at

List Archives and Help

Change Email Settings

More information about the Sw-l mailing list