a few things...

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Nov 11 05:22:03 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
November 10, 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Peter DeHaas wrote:
> This semester for my MA in Linguistics I'm working on a diachronic
> comparative study of French Sign (LSF) and ASL.
> I will be using the sign writing format to transcribe my cognate
> sets!!
> I'm also taking an ASL Linguistics Independent Study.  Getting in
> depth analysis of spatial cognition and classifier use in particular.

Hello Peter!
I am very interested in your French Sign Language and ASL comparative
study using SignWriting...keep us informed of this! And don't hesitate
to ask for tech support in regards to writing some of the differences
between the languages..that would be fascinating...it will help if you
have video clips to write from...

Years ago we worked briefly on an ASL and Danish Sign Language
comparison...the project was never completed but it was fascinating
nonetheless and left an impression on me...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help