Document Maker

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Nov 24 16:16:36 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
November 24, 2008

On Nov 24, 2008, at 2:01 AM, MARIA AZZOPARDI wrote:
> I going to start using Document Maker. Are there instructions online
> on
> how to use this program? I'm feeling a little lost....

Hello Maria and Everyone -
I just viewed the DocumentMaker Pro video instruction and I think the
videos need to be improved...they are a little slow and could be done
better, so someday I will improve those videos...

So let me help you here on the SW List...

1. Download the software
(choose Runtime version of Windows)
http://www.signbank.org/DocumentMaker/

2. Extract the downloaded file

3. Open the DocumentMaker folder

4. Inside the folder, find the file named "OpenMeWindows.exe"...and
double click on that to open it. That will start the program.

5. The program starts to open....There will be a button that appears
saying DocumentMaker and click on that button to start the program.

6. Once the program opens, click on "New Record" at the top to start a
new document...

7. A blank new record will appear with a number 1 to the left...

8. To the right of that new record, click on one of two layout formats
you want...That will take you to the actual new page, so you can start
adding the SignWriting and text to your new document...see attached
screen capture...You can just drag and drop columns of SignWriting
from SignPuddle to DocumentMaker, or copy and paste them in...either
way...