An online newsletter ... was ... Re: [sw-l] a few things...and Obama logo O plus rainbow

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 11 15:59:59 UTC 2008

Hoi,
When people start a Wikipedia, I always advise them to make sure that the
"punters" get what they want.. Even for a WIkipedia you want to increase
circulation.. The three things that invariably are what people are looking
for are sex, sport and background information to the news. Obviously,
volunteers write about what they are interested in, but it is true anyway..

When you have the ambition to write an encyclopaedia and to write about the
news as well, these two ambitions can strenghten each other... When you
write about what is news to you, you have to do some research. This can lead
to stubs and later more full fledged articles.
Thanks,
      Gerard