DocumentMaker

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Nov 25 16:09:38 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
November 25, 2008

On Nov 25, 2008, at 3:56 AM, MARIA AZZOPARDI wrote:
> Using DocumentMaker is there any way we could have Signwriting on A5
> sheets back-to-back book form. The way we've managed to print so
> far, is
> having an A4 sheet landscape.

Hi Maria!
Regarding A5 and A4 size paper, that can be accomplished right now.

But it is true that DocumentMaker, at this time, only has Landscape
layouts...we did that because that was the request at the time that we
developed it. Some people suggested to me that reading shorter columns
in Landscape was better than reading longer columns in Portrait mode,
so that is why it got designed that way...

But I realize now that we need layouts in both Landscape and Portrait
modes, and later I hope to build more layouts in the program...

So there is only Landscape right now...

Regarding printing to A4 or A5...There are two issues with that

1. Your printer settings on your computer ...you can reduce or enlarge
the printing for the size paper you are using...and on your computer
you can stipulate that you want it to print in A4 or A5...that is in
your Printer driver...

2. Inside DocumentMaker, under the Scripts menu, you can choose A4.
That should help a little, but it does not give you A5...so sometimes
just reducing or enlarging inside your Printer driver will take care
of fitting the document on the page...

See attached diagram showing how to change to A4 in DocumentMaker...