Printing SignMail

KJ kjoanne403 at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Thu Nov 27 02:34:14 UTC 2008

All the columns can be seen in the email message - it's from Outlook Express - and what's weird is that one column with SW and three blank columns actually printed (mom stopped it from printing a second page so I don't know whether there would have been any blank columns then...

I did adjust the size of the columns when I sent the email... I'm just really puzzled by the blank columns.

Thanks,
KJ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Valerie Sutton
  To: SignWriting List
  Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 9:43 AM
  Subject: Re: [sw-l] Printing SignMail

  SignWriting List
  November 25, 2008

  Hi Kelly Jo!
  It depends on what email software you are using, because the printing is taking place from the email software where you opened the message...When you view the message on the computer screen, inside your email software, how many columns are viewed there? All of them? If so, it is a matter of reducing the message enough to fit on one page, inside your printer driver, before you print....

  Most of the time, it is in your computer's printer driver, where you can reduce the page enough to fit everything on one page when printing...

  Have you considered trying to print Landscape instead of Portrait, and reduce the page to fit Landscape? I don't know if that will work or not...

  Or, when you send the email, adjust the size of the columns....

  And another idea is to take a screen capture of the email, which creates a large graphic, and then print the graphic all as one piece...

  Printing really varies from computer to computer depending on the software you are using...

  I hope this helps -

  Val ;-)