ISWA 2008 Final & the PersonalPuddle

Tue Oct 21 15:33:03 UTC 2008

Hi list,

The review period for the ISWA 2008 ended successfully yesterday.
Valerie will be announcing that the ISWA is final, as in finally done
and finished.  There has been a lot of work on this latest symbol set.
I'm proud of the work that we've done together.

This could be the final symbol set for SignWriting.  If not forever,
then at least the next few years.  With the new character encoding
model, this may be the symbol set that will be used with Unicode, but
that's a different story.

SignPuddle Online already uses the ISWA 2008.  Just last week I finished
a new desktop version of the PocketPuddle called the PersonalPuddle for
Windows and Mac.  The installation has been greatly simplified: just
unzip and start the application.  It works the same as SignPuddle
Online, except it doesn't require an Internet connection.  With the new
SignPuddle export function, it is possible to get a local copy of any of
the online puddles to use offline at any time.

The PersonalPuddle is available for $100, the same price as the
PocketPuddle.  Except for the rest of this month, the price has been cut
in half to $50 to celebrate the release of the ISWA 2008 Final.

For the PocketPuddle users, they will be offered the PersonalPuddle at
not cost.  They can contact me directly if they would like help
converting their existing IMWA data over to the ISWA.

I am finishing the IMWA Conversion document and code.  It will be ready
in the next couple of days.

Let's all congratulate Valerie on her amazing work.  This is a historic
day and I'm glad I was a part.

Regards,
-Steve

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu