SignWriting in MediaWiki

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 30 18:08:08 UTC 2008

This is cool.  Apparently bunches of us are trying to put stuff onto the page and only one edit at a time can happen.  If we can get multiple pages running it woudl really be great.

  Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
  SignWriting List
October 30, 3008

WOW! Steve, this is a major development! THANK YOU!

I just danced a little dance for joy, around my office ;-))

I went to:
http://www.signpuddle.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

Which I assume is the Alpha version of the SignWriting MediaWiki Plugin?

and I was able to edit and save a sign in the Wiki-style web
page....using the new SignMaker and the ISWA...ha!!

This may lead to possible Wikipedias in written Sign Languages, or
other wiki-based web sites, will be able to have SignWriting directly
on their sites...which will clearly lead to the spreading of
SignWriting throughout the internet...

Congratulations on this accomplishment...

Val ;-)