Group 1 handshape symbol differentiation

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 1 12:48:35 UTC 2008

Usually you write the front view/ wall plane

However, signs are easier to read if all symbols in a sign is written from the same perspective.

So, if for some reason other parts of the sign has to be written as bird's view / floor plane, the sign becomes easier to read if you can write all of it in this perspective.

Sometimes you have to mix perspectives in one sign, that cannot be avoided. But as a rule:

1) use front view if all symbols can be written in front view

2) Try to write all symbols in one sign from the same perspective

3) use bird's perspective for all symbols, if possible, if one or more symbols have to be written that way

4) use mixed perspectives if you have to

Hope this helps,

Ingvild