Message for Tini and DanceWriters ;-)

Thu Oct 30 19:40:32 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
October 30, 2008

Hello Tini!

Ha! No my real dancing days are over...so no big pirouettes for me ;-))

But my dancing for joy was real nonetheless...Steve has really given
us the beginning of an important new era, where we will be able to
write SignWriting directly on the web, in wiki-based sites...on web
sites that are not our own SignPuddle, but sites that are designed and
used by others...so this will broaden the use of SignWriting
throughout the web...this will help the spread of SignWriting...so it
is was a good moment to celebrate, although there is still much work
to be done...

Regarding writing Sutton DanceWriting...while I have your
attention...I would like to ask you a favor...can you fill out this
special form for choreographers?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pYfktOVt2MVnYRdrXCtTcSw

It is for a special research project at a university, related to
different notation systems, including Sutton Movement Writing and
Sutton DanceWriting. You are the perfect person for this form,
Tini...Many thanks...

Regarding software for DanceWriting and MovementWriting....no...we
only have software for SignWriting right now.

So our software is specifically for SignWriting...

SignWriting is used by thousands of people daily now, in around 40
countries, and there are so many users that we put their needs first...

Val ;-)