introduction

Mon Sep 8 22:46:51 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
September 8, 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Katrin Hagemann wrote:
> hello to everyone,
> i’m katrin from germany. i go to university in hamburg, because i’m
> studing sign language and educational science. (http://www.slm.uni-hamburg.de/BA/gebaerdensprachen.html
> ) at the moment i’m doing an internship like janna in mr. wöhrmanns
> class, except i only stay for eight weeks. L i cannot stay longer,
> because my new semester starts in october and i have to be back in
> hamburg then. time is passing by much too fast. my third week
> started today and i think i already learned a lot - but the best
> thing is that i’m having so much fun. i guess, i have a great
> mentor ;) i yet learned a lot about signwriting and hope that after
> these eight weeks i can do the signwriting almost perfect J. katrin

Hello Katrin!
What a wonderful day...Two messages from Germany. It is wonderful to
meet you, Katrin, and of course, also Janna!

And yes, I cannot imagine a better teacher than Stefan. We enjoy
Stefan's positive artistic and creative teaching of SignWriting.
Stefan's textbook is really impressive....I hope you learn to write
German Sign Language in SignWriting and will maybe someday write real
literature, like children's stories, or perhaps even school textbooks
in SignWriting. Recently there have been statistical research studies
that show that Deaf student's test scores improve with SignWriting in
the classroom...

Here in the US we have started the "SignWriting Literature Project".
Our goal is to write and publish much new literature written in
American Sign Language. You can read many new documents in our ASL
Literature Puddle:

ASL Literature Puddle
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=5

If you go there, and click on "Search by Words" icon, and then place
an asterisk * (a star) in the Search Field, and then press the Search
Button, it lists the names of all the documents there...

I did that for the German Literature Puddle:
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=8&sgn=26

and I am really impressed to see all the literature there!

Have you or Janna written any of the documents yourselves?

Nice to meet you, Katrin!

Val ;-)

I like this one....;-)