in Irish Sign Language

Gabriel Beecham gabriel_beecham at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Sep 10 23:35:45 UTC 2008

Thanks for the welcome! Charles: cheers for the transcription. The
current logo is only modified slightly from the one used on our old
site, and it could probably do with replacing so as to represent ISL
better. Shane: good idea, I suppose the Centre for Deaf Studies would be
the obvious place to ask :-)

OK, I've scanned in pictures of the signs from an ISL dictionary along
with the corresponding entries; I've put them up at
http://www.geocities.com/gabriel_beecham/images/tcd.htm, along with my
own explanation of the signs.

I've also put up my initial attempt to transcribe the word "Trinity" and
would appreciate advice on what I've done wrong. For example, how do you
illustrate changes in shape when the hand stays stationary?
http://www.geocities.com/gabriel_beecham/images/trinity-my-effort.PNG

Awaiting your comments!

-Gabriel