ISWA 2008 in Puddle

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Sep 19 22:54:56 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
September 19, 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 2:21 PM, MARIA AZZOPARDI wrote:
> Hi Val and Steve,
> Well done on this great accomplishment! :)
> Sorry for this very basic question however since I'm not a very
> technical
> person I thought I'd better ask it before I continue working: Can I
> just
> open Puddle and continue working like before?
> Many thanks,
> Maria

Hello Maria!

The answer is YES! Just continue to work in SignPuddle just as you
always have. You will be using the ISWA without even realizing it ;-)

Everything you have written in the past, in SignPuddle, has
automatically converted over to the new symbols of the ISWA, so the
conversion was automatic.

What does the new ISWA 2008 give you?

Many things. One is that the symbols are better organized.

There used to be 50 groups of symbols in the old IMWA. Now there are
30 groups in the ISWA.

You will notice the difference when you create a new sign in
SignMaker, or a new document in SignText...you will see these 30 groups: