Sign Bible Site Changes

Ronald Dettloff signpreach at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Tue Sep 30 01:33:17 UTC 2008

Thanks Brother Jerry for your faithfulness. During these tough times this is one of the best things we can do for the Deaf

Rev. Ronald H. Dettloff, 20880 Ten Mile Road, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080
Other Web links:           http://theshoreschurch.org/ME2/Audiences/Default.asp

----- Original Message ----
From: Jerry Spillman <jzs at xmission.com>
To: SignWriting List <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 6:55:50 PM
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Sign Bible Site Changes

Hi, Maria, Tini, Val, and all,

Yes, there have been many improvements to Sign Writing since we started
the Sign Bible Site.  The old method of display was to take the .sgn
files and convert them to .gif, then write an HTML file to display
them.  It is so much easier to just take Rev. Dettloff's .pdf file and
put it on the index pages and not have to write all that code to keep up
with things.  The Deaf Church provides me with one or two sets of verses
each week, and it is much easier to keep the site current now.

The old black backgrounds didn't convert well to white at that time, so
we left them black, until Val invented a way to invert the colors and
display black on white.  And the verses were originally posted
horizontally, rather than in columns as they now are.  The new methods
used to write the words are much quicker now, plus with color, columns,
and the use of the .pdf format, the pages are much more pleasant to read
and print out than they were in the past.  Perhaps one day, all the old
files will be replaced with this type file,  that will be up to the
workload of our translators at the Deaf Church, once the current project
is finished.  We are a long way from that point, however.

Tini and others, thanks for all the kind words.  I have tried to stay up
with the list, but my work has pretty much overwhelmed my ability in
that regard,  if I missed any questions, please send them to my private
e-mail below and I will try to help if I can.

Jerry
The Sign Bible Site
mailto:jzs at xmission.com

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu