SignPuddle Reader

Sat Apr 18 17:37:47 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
April 18, 2009

Hello Everyone!
Just want you to know that the SignPuddle Reader, which Steve
Slevinski is developing, is running a little behind schedule. I know
we had posted the date of April 17th to the List, but it will be more
like a week or two from now...But it is very beautiful. We will be
able to download SignWriting Literature, that is already written in
SignPuddle Online, like Cat in the Hat, and then read the document on
our computer desktop inside the SignPuddle Reader, without an internet
connection, or read it on hand-held devices too...It is small in size
and will bring real "reading experiences" to users...One of our many
goals is to increase reading skills in SignWriting users...the more
literature reading the better! We are also planning to place multiple
SW literature titles, pre-installed in the SignPuddle Reader, package
it, and sell it as a product in our SignWriting Shop and on
Amazon.com. The sales will help our non-profit organization, plus a
pre-loaded Reader will be easier for users who do not use the internet
and cannot therefore download. As you know, internet connections are
not so easy in some countries, plus schools in the US tend to limit
teachers and students from downloading anything on the internet at
school...so a pre-packaged SignPuddle Reader will be very useful for
classrooms with signing students all over the world.

Thank you, Steve, for you hard work and we look forward to using
SignPuddle Reader!  Val ;-)