SW Facial Expressions Questions

Wed Aug 12 14:50:58 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
August 12, 2009

On Aug 11, 2009
> From: josignj at aol.com
> I am have mmmmmmm Not sure how to word it. I guess a confusion about
> what some of the face signs are suppose to mean. Of the information
> that Ron has for me to go thru and what I am seeing online I am
> still not getting the answers I need. So hoping you have something I
> can read or look at that can tell me some of them mean. It would be
> nice if there was something that explained what each face movement,
> brows, eye, mouth meant or an example of each so we could be more
> consistant with the expressions.
> Example: What to do you use when the mouth is doing "Pah", or a
> ppppp sound with the lips??

Hello Jonita!
Thank you for this question. I will answer it in two emails. This is
the first one.

First, let's be sure you have the Lessons in SignWriting Textbook?
Does your office have the textbook on your shelf? If not, we can
arrange to send you a copy (Ron...contact me about getting another
copy of the Lessons in SignWriting textbook for your office...)

The Facial Expressions are listed on page 139-150, and Head Movements
are from p 151-158.

You can download the complete textbook or read it on the web too...

Go to:

Lessons in SignWriting Textbooks
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/

Download Number 2 on that web page:

Download Lessons in SignWriting Textbook
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0116-Lessons-SignWriting.pdf

OR...You can read the Textbook on the web....Go to:

Lessons in SignWriting Textbook Online
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/lessonsweb.html

Facial Expressions are in Chapter 10. For example, attached is one of
the many pages explaining Facial Expressions: