Open Office 3.1 for Mac OS X and Windows

Ronald Dettloff signpreach at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Thu Aug 13 04:25:06 UTC 2009

Open Office works better with Puddle files than Microsoft Word which leaves us some of the signs when copied from the Puddle. It is also very versatile.

Rev. Ronald H. Dettloff, 20880 Ten Mile Road, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080
Register for Deaf Camp now. Save money.

Other Web links:           http://www.theshoreschurch.org/tp40/page.asp?ID=69308

________________________________
From: SignWriting <signwriting at mac.com>
To: SignWriting List <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:27:02 PM
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Open Office 3.1 for Mac OS X and Windows

SignWriting List
August 12, 2009

Hello Trevor!
Thanks sooo much for this explanation...you are right...OpenOffice.org is totally new to me. I rarely use Microsoft Office anyway, so you can see I don't even know the correct names for anything! Ha!

I personally manage very well with the Mac's Text Edit program, that can create the unique rtfd format for the Mac, which is a simple way to get both text and drag and drop graphics into one simple file. Then I create a PDF from that and then everyone can read the PDF...

And then I use Adobe InDesign for large book layout...

But we all have to open other people's files from time to time, so I really appreciate this information...and I will recommend OpenOffice.org to people now...it may change my work habits if it is easier to use than Microsoft Office...which is also a wonderful program and we are lucky to have it...I just haven't learned it well, that's all...

it sounds like OpenOffice.org it is a success story and how fortunate we all are to have a free program like that...the open source community is really doing good for the world...

Keep me posted...does anyone have templates for SignWriting Literature created in OpenOffice? If not, later I can try to create some based on the SW 4-column layout...

Val ;-)

-------